Sunday, April 27, 2008

Does Blogging Have a Marking Scheme?

Does blogging have a marking scheme to determine who's a good blogger and who's not? As I scroll through Innit at times, I see flames of people danging here and there. And does the band of the blogger determines the quality of the blogger? Seriously, I don't know.


But I know in the education system there's always been something called marking scheme and with this we are given grades for the examination/answer we wrote. And for some dim-witted situations, the markers/lecturers/teachers are not familiar with the subject or examination course they are marking, so to put it simple shit happens all the time.

Does the lecturers that mark our paper even read it, or the just go "keywords" treasure hunting?

As for my university, some imbecile mark the paper accordingly 100% to the marking scheme this includes synonyms and the writing format. So if we write a word, similarly to the "keyword", we get a zero,0. Doesn't matter even if we understand the question or not, they just want us to write it the way it is in the textbook/notes. In other words, we need to memorize and eat a whole 1kg textbook for each subject(not including notes). Come on-lah! students are human too, we don't have some out-of-the-world memory card slot to put kilograms of textbook and notes into us.

If we need to memorize this much of book, then we would spent the rest of our lifes with books too! Makan Buku, Tidur Buku and maybe Kahwin Buku also.

In my opinion, the education system of Malaysia is kinda messed up. We don't learn by understanding the subject but instead we learn by memorizing, so if we're given a practical situation, many would be unable to comprehend or even know what to do or what to apply. Remember our "Pendidikan Moral" we used to have? The 12 or 18 "nilai-nilais" I assume, what use does it gives? We memorized them to score for SPM but does all the "A" scorers apply the values they had learned from the subject? Similarly, this applies to almost all subjects in my university. If we only get an "A" by memorizing, I don't think I need that "A", it is just not right.

"Politeness", I bet everyone in Malaysia is very polite =)

The university education system give mission and vision statements that are to build independent students that can think and act on their own, saying that they want to build future leaders etc. but in reality they are teaching us to be followers of a higher authority. By all means, we must obey, follow and shut up!

This is "not" my university's rules.

I am not even allowed to comment about my university as it is written in the "rule and regulations guide" if I'm not mistaken, so everyone please do me a favor and SHHhhhhh =P

PS: I hope that blogs are not rated by some what-so-ever marking scheme as blogging to me is about writing your thoughts and writing about yourself in it, not about how many ads you have or how popular you are.

PSS:
"All coincidence and similarity mention in this post are just mere creation and/or imagination which has no relation with reality. It is by all means to be fiction and not real, any inconvenience caused is much regretted and will not be entertained"
-Darrius

1 comment:

~YM~ said...

haha..nice one.. there's always ppl like that that 'rule' our day just by their annoyance. We could oni pray them to go away a.s.a.p.hehe..

Or u may need an Italian job.. jz kidding..