Saturday, March 29, 2008

UTAR Apprentice Finale

Yes its UTAR Apprentice Final Showdown, but I'm not in it. Nevermind, today we are here to support our nakama, Odyssey!!! Although they didn't won but we all know that they have did their very best and sometimes there's just some elements which cause things to be otherwise.

Let me give some postmortem for those in Entrepreneurship Society, basically, you have done 3 major bias mistakes.

1. The society's adviser, Mr.Ken should not be the main judge through out the whole Apprentice. The reason? Is because of bias-ness do happens. and it DID happen through the whole event. I got to admit that Protege is a good team but the other's are doing very well as well but even so Mr.Ken didn't notice. Mr.Ken keep on praising Protege from the very start till the very end. You might say he's not the only judge but yes but, his decisions or opinions can influence other judges as well.

2. Voting system. I'm saying that voting from students is a no-no for events like this. You know why? One can have more friends than others even if they may not be capable of doing anything. RM2 per vote? and one may win RM400. I can easily scheme up with my friends where I buy 40 tickets for them to come and vote for me, resulting a victorious winning for myself. Voting system is good for strangers or for events in places which we don't normally resent.

3. Bias-ness of speech. As for myself, we have been called under-dogs from the very beginning of the event. Since Task 1 to Task 4. The emcees keep refer us as the "UNDERDOG TEAM"!! my god! You don't call people underdogs no matter how bad are they, and worst of all for 4 weeks straight. Even we won 2 rounds? Which I think is a tie?

That's all I got to say about to the Entrepreneur Society. Now LET ME SHOOT AN OVERLY ARROGANT GUY, ok? Let's refer him as ARROGANT, k? As I don't have any better words to describe him.

At the very beginning of this event, I truly respect ARROGANT as a mature and calm thinking guy. Which I seek to admire and learn from, but after few incidents occurred, the admiration ended up to be bull crap.

Incident 1.
During Task 3, the Durex campaign, Mr. ARROGANT acted like a baby when we won the task by alot!!!, he went to complain to Mr.Ken. So this are the few example conversation that's spoken(it's not 100% but its at least 90% of the truth which I will not add or exaggerate)

Mr. Ken: Is there anything that anyone of you have to say?
ARROGANT: There's no point, no point at all.

After few seconds, ARROGANT starts talking bout bull crap ethics and more bull crap. Then he started to syok sendiri and praises his team.

ARROGANT: No doubt, I'm the the best team in this competition.

And then he ended scolding the girl from Odyssey, keep repeating the phrase," Don't try to challenge me!!", and slams of the room just like that. There goes the mature thinking crap of yourself.

YES WE KNOW YOU ARE GOOD BUT PLEASE KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

And today, the finale, when when they ask "Why do you deserve to win UTAR Apprentice?" He says, "We have proven tracks of record, we are the runner up for task 1, winner for task 2 and we drop abit during task 3, My God!! You lose by nearly 120 votes ok? Mr.ARROGANT, you had an experience of working 2 years right? if i'm not mistaken? So, what's there you got to show off as you are older and you worked before? you are older than me 3 years god damn it, can't you be more mature?

The prize we won =))

We meet up by fate and of course, friends 4eva =)

I got to say that, I gain more that I could bargain for in this UTAR Apprentice, I gain friends and experience which can't be bought by a mere RM400 grand prize nor a trophy.

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

hey, darrius...thanks for your support during the Utar Apprentice Finale. Even though we all din win in the competition, but we gain a lot. The friendship between our team, ur team and mergers , for example. it is more precious than being the winner.

Zoey Low said...

i m the girl from odyssey who got scolded. haha. anyway like u mention, the whole thing was worth an experience.