Saturday, March 22, 2008

Chinese Orchestra Nite

I bought a ticket for Chinese Orchestra Nite from Jacintha, for *erm* voting for us during the SAFE campaign for UTAR Apprentice. Being not very familiar with classical music, I was too curious about how it would be.

The Stage, nicely decorated :)

The title of the night was "3rd month d' small rain" if it is translated directly from mandarin. So, since I'm a March baby myself, I was lagi curious-lah. What does my birth month got to do with small rain (@@")? But then later on i found out is just the title of the song or event so to called...

Chinese Orchestra playing(camera not clear as it is too dark). The MC told us that using flash will scare them :(

A clearer picture :D

This is what interest me the most during the whole night, a song titled "Kukumi". At first i thought it was "Ku Ku Mee" ! haha :D. The MC said a funny story stating that the song title came from a cat, which is "Mi". And since the cat is a male, it is "Ku Ku"........and there we have "Ku Ku Mi" XD.

The Orchestra Night is absolutely wonderful. The musics are good even for me, someone who never really heard them before. It is certainly worth it, and for those who missed it this semester, please buy your tickets next semester !!!!


No comments: