Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Something Meaningful...

this is something I quoted from http://youthecho.com/hurt-the-four-letter-word/#more-110

-----------------------------------------------

Ever heard of people not believing in relationships because “someone eventually gets hurt”? Usually that person has been hurt really bad, or has hurt someone real bad and is living with the guilt. So, by avoiding another relationship, he/she thinks that there’s gonna be less hurt in this world. Well, my friend, I’ve got news for you. Someone ALWAYS gets hurt. In EVERY relationship. Be it boyfriend-girlfriend, husband-wife, mother-son.

Guess what?

That’s the way the world works. That’s life!

Think about it. Who hasn’t got hurt before? Who has the ability to stop themselves from getting hurt? Yeah, sure someone’s gonna own up to this and say “I don’t allow people to hurt me anymore”. To me, that doesn’t make any sense. You can try to convince yourself that you have built this shield around your heart so it’s well protected and will never get hurt. But that shield is actually just to shield the sight of your heart from others. So no one will ever know if you’re hurt. And you have the benefit that people will never know if they have hurt you. Achievement? Depends how you look at it.

Here’s what I think.

Throw that dumb shield away. Take the risk. It’s worth it.

Worth it to love. To have that love returned. To hurt. To heal.

And learn from your experience.

What do you think?

-----------------------------------------------

PS: I hope you can read this post....

No comments: