Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Throwing away your responsibility

Responsibility or we call it "bertanggungjawab" in Malay is something we have been learning since standard one. Yes, I do mean standard one! It is one of those millions values or "nilai" we memorized for Pendidikan Moral.

If you ask anyone if they are a responsible person, they will say "Yes, I am a responsible person."But then, if you ask anyone "Are you responsible for this mess etc?", they will say "No!"

So basically, it means all of us are a responsible person but we just THROW the responsibility to others. By THROWING the responsibilities to others, we get credited when everything turns up well, and we can blame others when things don't turn up right. I found this habit of responsibility throwing is annoying.

An simple example can be seen when we are doing assignments. Let's just say student A, B, C and D.

A: I'm not good at this chapter-lah, B you do-lah~
B: Eh C, my english is bad so you do-lah~
C: Eh I not free, must go out "pak to"! D you do please!
D: Eh my mom's uncle's brother's sister's cousin's dog died-lah, A do please!
A: Nonono B you do!
B: Eh I engrisshhhh not good!! C do-lah!
C: My future wife-lah! not free!!! D-lah!
D: Must go pray pray the dog-lah!

(story goes on forever until the final moments before handing of assignment)

Seriously, why should we delay and throw all our responsibilities away when we can get things done faster when we work together?

*wrote this post after I get my pc fixed, somehow my pc just went emo on me =_=" causing a damage of RM45 for reformating and a lot of precious datas....

No comments: