Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Obnoxious Rules and Regulations

Every universities, study institution and colleges have their own set of rules and regulations but then some rules just doesn't make sense at all. In my uni, there's a rule where we must wear formal outfits during Monday(Corporate Day). During the first sem, it was still acceptable as things weren't that strict and so constrained but when it this sem, everything went overboard.

Students aren't allowed to go or even step in the uni. To make things worst, the SECURITY GUARD is RUDE and "lan ci". Here's my conversation with the 3rd security guard(fat one) on this Monday afternoon.

While I'm in North Lobby signing up for the UTAR Apprentice Challenge...

Security Guard :HOI!! YOU YOU! Tunggu!(He is asking me to stop and wait)
Me : Yes, bang? (Yes?)
Security Guard : Apasal pakai kasut sport ini? Mr.Lxx kata tak boleh pakai. (Why are you wearing sport shoes? Mr.Lxx said that it is not allowed)
Me :Oh, sorry-lah lain kali saya pakai kasut kulit. (Sorry, will wear formal shoes next time)
Security Guard : Tak boleh, you kena keluar sekarang!!(NO! you need to get out now)
Me :*WTF?!* Beg dan barang aku kat atas kelas-lah~ (My stuffs is in my class)
Security Guard : Siapa bagi you masuk ha? Bagi aku nama dan ID kamu! Aku repot Mr.Lxx
(Who let you in earlier? Give me your name and ID, I will report to Mr.Lxx)
Me : Guard pagi tadi-lah. Ok, aku bagi you nama dan ID. (This morning's guard, OK, I will give you my name and ID)
Me : Bang, janganlah jerit-jerit. (Don't keep yelling please)
Security Guard : Apa jerit jerit you nak kena repot?( What yelling? You want to get report?)
Me : *=_="* Janganlah berlagak sangat, sopan sikit...( Don't be so action, polite abit please)
Security Guard : Aku diberi kuasa! Aku jerit jerit-lah.(I'm given authority, I can shout.)

(was surprised to heard the last sentence)

The security guard then search for a paper for me to write my name and ID, but after like 2 minutes of scavenging for paper, he then ask me more stupid questions.

Security Guard : Mana satu guard bagi you masuk?! Apa nama!? Dan mana ID card kamu?(Which guard let you in? Name of the guard? and where's your ID card?)
Me :*How the fuck i know lah!!!!*Tak tau ler bang (I don't know)
Security Guard : Aku bawa kamu cari satu guard demi satu guard (I bring you to every guard)
Me :*He think I m sooo free to follow him walk around* Ada kelas-lah (I got class)
Security Guard : Bagi nama dan ID! <--high tone (Give me your name and ID)
Me
:Kertas please..~(Paper please~)
Security Guard : *blurred* Tulis kat tangan aku!(Write on my hand!)

Took the pen and i wrote this on his palm "name"- Tan Chee Bai "ID"- 0707444 and he walked away with a "dulan" face believing that was my name and ID and went to report to Mr.Lxx.

I was actually wearing black leathered shoes at that time, just that its not too formal =x even the security guards themselves don't have their identification tag or name on them, how are we suppose to know their name?. Why must a university be strict on such minor issues when there are so many more big issues to be settled?And besides, the guards should not be rude as they get paid from our tuition fees!

There's even an issue I heard the pass few weeks ago where UTAR is taking fees of RM30 per room for rental of rooms for club and society meetings. I was like WTF? We pay the fees and we are charged RM30 for every meeting we have? UTAR trying to rip its students off? I' m not sure if this policy is still on or not for now but I m sure of one thing, stupidity.

Maybe UTAR management went undergo some training and seminars from some Guru and that particular Guru teaches them to be creative and think out-of-the-box. Well, UTAR management think out-of-the-box alright...THE WRONG BOX!

Utar's Corporate Day dress codes

Another out-of-the-box management is Olympia College. They actually fine their students for speaking other dialects. So imagine if each time you accidentally speaks out a word like "Boleh-lah" or some mandarin words...Bang! you are fined RM1. The amount of the fine is small but I don't think so its worth it as we have done nothing wrong.

On the bright side, they have year end party=x

All rules are said to help and encourage us, I believe it does too but if the help and encouragement adds up to more frustration and flames, it does more harm than good. Maybe I am still immature for all these kind of rules set but I do know one thing, it pisses a lot people!

1 comment:

Adel said...

Good one darius! tan chee bai~ HAAHAHA . WE had our turns b4 too :) they just suck.